Spam - "Google Doc Alert"

  • S. Mtn Gdn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2013
      Hubs decided to try Google Chrome. Within hours, our friends were
      getting EM's from our account with the Subject line "Google Doc Alert"
      and a place to Click on (which no one did, of course).

      Someone told us Google is sending promos from user accounts to their
      friends! Is Google allowed to do this? Has anyone else had this
      experience?

      Will changing our Password do any good?

      Thanks,
      Shirley

    • John French
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2013
        It sounds like you might have unknowingly joined Google + and given
        permission for Google to farm your contact list. That would result in
        all your contacts getting invitations to join.

        John French