ley 8204

  • Fred Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2013
      First I would like to thank all the folks who shared their experiences with this procedure. Without you help I would never have made it.

      I went to SSA.gov set up My account and downloaded a copy of my SS benefits complete wit the little eagle in the corner. Next I google translated it. (you lose the eagle and it  doesn't look as good. Then I made a copy f&b of my cedula. BTW I also took a copy of my bank statement showing the deposits from Soc Sec and the annual statement of benefits we all receive in the mail.

      Armed with this I went to the BNCR platforma and waited passing a few numbers until I could go the a teller who I knew personally and who could speak and read some English. I gave him the copy of my cedula , showed him where the amt of my Soc Sec stating the same was listed in my account statement. Then I gave him my annual statement of benefits and the one I downloaded from SSA.gov. I didn;t give him the google translate and he never mentioned it. He did ask me if I had a copy of a utility bill and I told him to use  the same address and that was the end of that. He asked me if I was still married and I told him that Mary was in the US, but when she left I was. He got a big kick out of that one. Then e-mail address and cell phone and we were through. EXCEPT

      I never saw so much typing in a bank in my life he must have entered information for fifteen minutes. Finally he printed out my ley 8204 report . He signed it and then I signed it. He stapled all the documents to it and shoved it in a cabinet.

      The last words I heard ere I left the platforma was "see you in two years."

      And I gave him my new mantra "No Problema, Tranquilo, Pura Vida."

      How I got my new mantra is another story, for another day. I'm going to watch Jeopardy. Seems fitting

      Happy in Puriscal
      Fred