Inversionista Residency Renewal

  • caballolinda2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013
      OK it's my first time having to do a renewal and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to do.  Because of my residency status, I can't just go to BCR to renew. Apparently I have to go to Migracion, but when I call them to make an appointment, I'm told I have to go to some Post Office in downtown San Jose? Over all the "background din" in the migracion office, it was next to impossible to even hear what the guy was trying to tell me, much less understand his Spanish. So I asked for an English speaking person, and I still couldn't hear or understand him.  Jeesh.  Has anyone done this type of renewal lately that can give me some pointers?
    • ANDREA ALVARADO RODRIGUEZ
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2013
        to renew your cedula you must to go to the information office in migration to apply for an appointment to renew your cedula (the appointment day can be schedule on 22 days in advance, (depends of how much busy they are) the appointment day you must to deliver the documents required for renewal (inversions proof, original and copy of your passport, renewal application, pay $123 plus $3  per month you are late on renewal your cedula, police report if you stay out CR more than 1 year and a letter justifying why you are late on renewal your cedula), the Migration staff will reviews the documents and give you a document that you must to sign accepting that the information that the document contains is correct and take photo, then in a couple days after that you need to be back there or give them an adress to send you the cedula by mail.

        I can help you with this process, I have experience working on this, I have a lot of professional associates who can help me on it.

        I´ll be glad to help you with your questions
        Andrea : )