Mapfre Insurance does not want to insure old cars

  • Carole Saylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2013
      Hi All,
      Thought I would pass along info that I got from Mapfre about my car insurance rates for next year.  With no tickets and no wrecks, it went up by 20% because my car's value is less but the car's over 10 years old.  And now the only insurance company that will insure a car over 10 years old is INS.  So Mapfre is trying to force people with older cars to drop Mapfre's coverage.   Their only saving grace is that they insure taking my car into Panama.

      Using Mapfre’s logic, when the value of my car gets down to zero, they are going to charge me 100,000 colones per month for it. That makes as much sense as anything else in this country.

      If I were rich I suppose I could laugh at the idiocy of this.  But if I were rich it would be a moot point because I wouldn't be here.
      Carole