Re: Car storage?

  • Robert Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 20, 2013
      Before moving to Costa Rica I listened to a certain talk radio station quite frequently. On Saturday mornings an independent mechanic had an hour long program. I assume the man knew what he was talking about, he had been in business for almost 40 years, had four sons working in a very successful garage.

      One Saturday morning the topic of his program was battery maintenance, and paarticularly focused on "off key loads". This mechanic offered an interesting, even entertaining recmmendation. He recommended that every man should purchase a trickle charger for their wife for Christmas and retrofit it to her car so she could easily plug the charger in when the car was not in use. He suggested that the battery in such a car could virtually last forever, for it was the "off key loads" that caused a battery to deteriorate.

      But again, perhaps because this man is only a successful mechanic and not an automotive engineer perhaps he does not know what he is talking about.

      Robert