Medicare / caja

  • john manners
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2003
      Liz ... try the caja rate if and when you are over 72 ! Medicare and
      flying to Miami is cheaper, I wish there would be an affordable
      ambulance airtransport insurance, if anyone knows, please let me know.
      john manners
    • theedgeclinger
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2003
        john manners wrote:... try the caja rate if and when you are over
        72 ! Medicare and flying to Miami is cheaper..

        John: Please educate us on this. My info (from ARCA) says that the
        Caja insurance is $37 per month (for the whole family) for those 55
        years old and older ($58 for those under 55). Am I missing some
        information here?

        Laurie
      • Ryan Piercy- ARCR
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
          Hiya John,

          Don't quite get what Caja rate has to do with being over 72? The price for ARCR members over 55 (up to whatever age) is $37 per month. (This includes your spouse too!) The cost of Caja normally is pegged only to your income...

          Ryan Piercy
          Liz ... try the caja rate if and when you are over 72 ! Medicare and
          flying to Miami is cheaper, I wish there would be an affordable
          ambulance airtransport insurance, if anyone knows, please let me know.
          john manners

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          For our eboard:
          http://groups.msn.com/CRLeBoard/_whatsnew.msnw
          Addresses:
          Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

        • Frances Leves
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
            Ryan, what is the cost of ARCR membership? That also has to be factored in.
            Fran in Moravia
          • Ryan Piercy- ARCR
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
              Dear Fran,

              Annual membership in ARCR for those with residency is currently $50 per year. Still there are other benefits (we hope) and if you join CCSS (Caja) directly, you are 'supposed' to pay 11%+ of your monthly income according to the law. A Pensionado (with the minimum $600 per month income) should be paying then $66 per month if declaring the correct income to the CCSS. The ARCR monthly amount of $37 is by contract directly with the CCSS head office in San Jose. The rate for those under 55 years old is $58 per month.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              For our eboard:
              http://groups.msn.com/CRLeBoard/_whatsnew.msnw
              Addresses:
              Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

            • George Sperry
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
                EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE PIGGY BACKED MESSAGE

                i went tosign up with the caja and they didnt mention anything except the 24
                dollars a month. decided to go with health vision instead because of cima. i
                think everyone who wants to join cama should investigate the direct jaoining
                before they give arcr 150 a year.

                george sperry