Fw: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Vitamins from la CAJA?

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2013
      I would like to hear from anyone that getsvitamins from the CAJA. Which ones areavailable?Marcus

    • Steve Friedman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2013
        My husband was getting Folic Acid and Iron at one time from the CAJA - so those are available as far as I know.

        Paula
      • arednalie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
          I receive vitamin B6. It was suppose to be vitamin B12 as prescribed by my canadian doctor, but this is not available in CAJA.
          I receive vitamin B1 to aid against malaise.
          Hth, Aurora
        • Steve Friedman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2013
            You can go to any pharmacy and get a vitamin B12 shot, can't remember how much mine cost but its not very expensive.

            Paula
          • arednalie
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
              --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Steve Friedman <Rocky1.steve@...> wrote:

              > You can go to any pharmacy and get a vitamin B12 shot, can't remember how much mine cost but its not very expensive.
              >
              > Paula

              Thank you for this info. As it was , I ended up finding tablets in one pharmacy with a larger foreign community.
              Wonder why the one vitamin is a available in CAJA and not the other? I would ask the dr but don't think I would understand the answer.
              Auror
            • Sheilah Worrell
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013
                I was told that as you age you don't absorb vitamins like you did when
                younger. Therefore the vitamins may not be as effective as the injection
                (B12).

                Sheilah