Re: Moving to CR

  • Debra
    Message 1 of 60 , Apr 17, 2013
      > My wife and I will be moving to CR in August and are thinking of driving down the Pan Am highway with a trailer full of our stuff.

      Has to be an enclosed trailer. Security and theft are still a problem.

      Portions of the highway are 12% grades, up and down, unlike the maximum 6% in the US.

      Once you are in Costa Rica or any country along the route except Mexico, you will have to take the car and trailer out of the country every 90 days or pay import duty.

      H4E
    • ifgetting
      Message 60 of 60 , Apr 9
        Hi, I did not see that story but another proposal was reported recently to limit all motos to one rider only due to criminals using second riders to execute murders, which happens rarely here but honduras and elsewhere around central am quite a lot. It was not furthered but the decree history of the govt makes for legit concern at times. I nearly panicked recently when a newspaper reported govt decree was adding a 5-15% tax on all intl bank transfers, just 2 days later!! The bank knew nothing and It faded as a story after that time. But if it was added the tax was against cafta regulations. I believe the press here is reckless at times, mainly it fails to report any depth generally.