Re: Costa Rica "no-nuclear" country??!!

  • henry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2013
      the question was, "I am wondering if anyone is aware that there is an "experimental nuclear energy facility being built in Costa Rica. "

      I think you may be referring to the ad astra rocket company in costa rica

      here is a short version of what the facility is from Wikipedia.  it is not a nuclear energy facility, but some ticos may think it is.

      The Ad Astra Rocket Company Costa Rica (AARC CR) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ad Astra Rocket Company. AARC CR was formed in 2005. The facility is located approximately 10 km west of the city of Liberia, capital of the province of Guanacaste, on the campus of EARTH University. On December 13, 2006, the Costa Rican team of AARC generated its first plasma.  After extensive testing of a 200 kW ground-test VASIMR unit, the company is aiming for a three-year flight test mission beginning in 2015