Questions??

  • julesauspitz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      I would like to preface my questions with a comment!! Since I have
      joined this group I have enjoyed the commentary, the people, and the
      invaluable information. Keep up the good work and I hope to meet some
      of you on my first extended stay which will be in the near future!!

      1. Do you have to have resident status to open a savings, and/or a
      checking account?

      2. Do any of the banks have online banking and bill payment?

      3. I just read on AM Costa Rica that the free trade agreement with
      the U.S. was approved. Does anyone have any idea if this will have
      any effect on the import taxes for cars and trucks.

      Thank you in advance for any info provided!!
    • kellhome2002
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2003
        You do not need to be a resident to have a bank account of any sort.
        Most if not all the banks have online banking, and I have no idea if
        free trade will improve import taxes but that is a good question.
        Britt britt@...

        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "julesauspitz" <julio69@f...>
        wrote:
        > I would like to preface my questions with a comment!! Since I have
        > joined this group I have enjoyed the commentary, the people, and
        the
        > invaluable information. Keep up the good work and I hope to meet
        some
        > of you on my first extended stay which will be in the near future!!
        >
        > 1. Do you have to have resident status to open a savings, and/or a
        > checking account?
        >
        > 2. Do any of the banks have online banking and bill payment?
        >
        > 3. I just read on AM Costa Rica that the free trade agreement with
        > the U.S. was approved. Does anyone have any idea if this will have
        > any effect on the import taxes for cars and trucks.
        >
        > Thank you in advance for any info provided!!
      • Eddie
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2003
          On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:29:49 -0000, you wrote:

          >3. I just read on AM Costa Rica that the free trade agreement with
          >the U.S. was approved. Does anyone have any idea if this will have
          >any effect on the import taxes for cars and trucks.
          >
          >Thank you in advance for any info provided!!

          I went here but couldn't find any info. Maybe you can.
          http://travel.state.gov/costa_rica.html

          I emailed a friend who works for the U.S. State Department (poor guy,
          his next post is Eritheria) and asked if he could help.
          If he has any info, I'll let you know.
          Eddie in San Jose, Ca.

        • Jery Cates
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2003
            Eddie, We can give you direct info on cars and trucks at
            catesrobles@... thanks Donjery
          • Jery Cates
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
              the import on cars and trucks will be the same call or E-mail Donjery@... or 713455-2121 or toll free 1866-9ENVIAR