ICE Bill not showing on BN

  • eRAT
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2012
      For the first time last month no pending transaction showed for my electric bill in BN. So I waited, thinking oh well, maybe it's Christmas or something. And waited.

      So they shut off the power for non-payment!

      Ever happen to anyone else who pays through Banco National (that the bill due stopped showing up). The ICE phone bills showed up and I could pay them.

      ojo
      (deadbeat)
    • liz_brit
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
        Waiting for a bill is not considered as proof of anything here. It is your duty to pay whether you receive a bill or not. Many of us have learned that the hard way. Make sure you know your localisation number, go to their website and it will tell you how much you owe.

        Liz

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
          Got that part down now, but still need to figure why it did not show in BN. Maybe when they adjusted a setting to make sure I could not do interbank transfers they just flipped the main breaker switch????

          Such Fun

          ojo

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "liz_brit" <elizabrit@...> wrote:

          Make sure you know your localisation number, go to their website and it will tell you how much you owe.

          > Liz
        • artedwards65
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2013
            > So they shut off the power for non-payment!

            Hey eRAT,
            ICE changed my localization number but never told me. I had tried to pay my bill on BN site but nothing would show up. I went to ICE (on the phone) to find out why no bill only to find out the number was changed, someone had me check the number out on the meter and sure enough there was a new painted number on the meter box, no one said a thing. When I went online with the new number it popped right up and I was able to pay the bill. Check it out.

            Art

            BTW, I just beat them out for shutting off my power!
          • John
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2013
              " ICE changed my localization number but never told me."

              I use the NISE number, 6 digits and easy to remember and not likely to change. Did not change when I changed names on the account. But then with ICE all things are possible.

              I have more problems with ICE telecom then with ICE electricidad. Wanted ICE to move a pole. They sent me a letter with the charges.
              I went to the bank and deposited the payment in electricidad's account.
              But I also had to also pay telecom. That was a major ordeal. I had to pay in person at ICE office to the jefe de telecomunicacion in person. Two and half hour wait to see him and another one hour in his office making small talk. And on top of that he overcharged me and another trip to get the refund and an apology from my new friend.

              ICE electricidad did all the work and even supplied a new pole, telephone did nothing but charged me more. But hey, they are the telephone company.
            • etlingera_farms
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2013
                --- "eRAT" <ojochal1@...> wrote:

                > For the first time last month no pending transaction showed for
                > my electric bill in BN.

                I usually get my ICE electric bill emailed to me around the 24th of each month. Since I have not been able to set up an automatic payment for my electricity, after I get this email, I log on to BN and pay my bill. In November, I did not get this email. But, I was still able to pay through BN. In December, again, I did not get this email. I cannot log on to BN right now. Their little Java keyboard is not functioning.

                On the other end of the spectrum, I was able to set my ICE telephones up for autopay. ICE very efficiently takes the money out of my account every month at least 3 days prior to letting me know I even have a bill.

                My emailed electric bills, when I get them, always have detail.

                My emailed telephone bills, which I always get, sometimes include detail.

                I just went to grupoice's website and I see a page that says you can set up an automatic payment. It lists a lot of participating ATH, and Banks that will do that.

                Has anybody from this list ever been successful in setting up an automatic payment for their ICE electric bill?

                Steve
              • Carole Saylor
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2013
                  My emailed electric bills, when I get them, always have detail.
                  My emailed telephone bills, which I always get, sometimes include detail.
                • stanhopi
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2013
                    --- Carole Saylor <carolesaylor@...> wrote:

                    > How do you get them to email you these bills?  I still want to pay
                    > online but I'd like to know the amounts before I go to pay them.

                    Carole,

                    Go to Grupo ICE Consultas at:

                    https://apps.grupoice.com/Ravirtual/consultaFactPend/consultar.do

                    From there you can check both your electric (ICELEC) bill and your
                    telephone (ICETEL) bill.

                    I always use my NISE number to check the electric bill.

                    My phone number works just fine for the ICETEL bill, but remember
                    to not type in the hypen.

                    HTH

                    Paul M.
                    ==