Social Security Calendar

  • allendickinson70
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2012
      Those of us here in Costa Rica which receive Social Security payments might find this 2013 schedule of payments calendar helpful.

      http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/calendar2013.pdf
    • allendickinson70
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
        Apparently my post of the SS payment calendar caused some confusion - I have received two emails about it. What I should have added was that the calendar applies to those whose payments are sent to US banks, not to those out of the country. Here's how one person explained it:

        ---------------------------

        Whenever i received my Social Security benefit in the US it came the second Wednesday of the month as per schedule. Whenever i changed banks and had the Social Security deposited in the Banco de Costa Rica in January, 2011, it has been deposited the 3rd of the month without fail.

        It is my understanding that all foreign Social Security benefit payments are made the 3rd of the month with the Bank of New York being the transfer agent.

        Someone at ARCR tried to tell me that the benefit would not always be in my account on the 3rd due to manual posting by the bank, but that has not been my experience.

        --------------------------------------

        I hope that resolves any questions. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

        Allen

        ---------------------------------------

        > Those of us here in Costa Rica which receive Social Security payments might find this 2013 schedule of payments calendar helpful.
        >
        > http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/calendar2013.pdf

      • jayem1937
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "allendickinson70" <allendickinson70@...> wrote:
          il.

          It is my understanding that all foreign Social Security benefit payments are made the 3rd of the month with the Bank of New York being the transfer agent.

          If Social Security has your address as living in Costa Rica your payment is made on the third of the month even if it is deposited in a U.S. bank.
        • Anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
            > http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/calendar2013.pdf

            Can't put too much faith in that calendar. I receive my check every 3rd.of the month deposited in my account in the States. According to that calendar I should be receiving my check the third Wednesday of each month,I'm neither on SSI nor have I been receiving my SS prior to 1997. Delete the 2013.pdf and substitute it for 2012.pdf and it's basically the same calendar.

            Sail
          • John
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
              You will receive your payment on the third ,no matter where your bank is located, if SSA has your mailing address as a foreign country.

              My wife and I both changed our mailing address with SSA to our apartado postal in Costa Rica and at the same time I changed to have my payment made to my bank in CR while my wife's remained to be deposited to her US bank account.

              Before the change my payment was received on the third Wednesday of the month and my wife's on the fourth Wednesday. The month following the change both my payment and and my wife's were received on the third of the month. Hers usually shows up the evening before the third while mine at BN is usually after 10am on the third assuming of course that it dosn't fall on a CR holiday.