Lose animals grazing on private property, free game?

  • Jorge Hoepker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2012
      Since the 80's the government made it illegal if you let livestock roam free into other peoples property or on too the road ways. Fencing was made obligatory, with fining a possibility. You could be liable for damages or death of people involved in a accident. If you were around then you would remember cattle on the roads every where, Ox carts on the pista going into San Jose,Goats, Pigs, and so forth every where. Even on the buses we had stock going to market.

      Well some things have changed, but since there is no animal control in the country the farmer will kill a dog,jaguar, or other nuisance, if they are endangering livestock. If you have problems with chickens perhaps speaking with the owners first, then catching them and releasing them or eating them next? I have a contact that rents a trap similar to "Have a Hart" traps, and gets results with "Zooros (Coons/Posims), chickens,cats, and just about any thing. It is not quite like the USA wild west but
      pretty close.

      A "Denucia"( Compliant) would be next, but you have to weigh the side affects of making a compliant against your neighbor, and the ramifications it might bring. When the USA was flying into "Olies Point" combating the Sandinistas, where we have a family Cattle ranch since the 1500's, we had a problem with Nicaraguan refugees slaughtering cattle as they escaped .We not only had Nica/Cuban/Russian regulars crossing as well. We rode fence line and took care of the situation as well as we could, wont get in to it much more than that.

      We have now a National park to the North, that was taken by the Costa Rican government from the family. (Junquial) Survived the Hilton Hotels and others trying to take what they want. Best advise is to stand your ground and be firm, and make your point clearly, even if you need a translator. Chicken fencing is another option for this situation.

      Peace and love in C.R. Siempre Fi,
      Jorge' Manuel Hoepker D.