re kindling fire about books!.

  • mrlee in Jaco
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2012
      i believe this thread has gone way off course. no one is trashing paper books. what we are saying is paper books in ENGLISH are muy caro and kindle books are not; they can be "gratis"! if you don't want to wake up in your hammock with a dead battery, then bring a charger or bring a paper book; you CAN have both, you know!
      mrlee
      charging up in jaco

    • Richard
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2012
        The last time I was in CR with my kindle, in March, it died. One day after the warranty expired. The screen just stopped displaying anything except what was frozen upon it.

        Amazon sold me a refurb for $65 with only a 90 day warranty. I swore I'd never leave home again with just one as I was forced into reading paperbacks that I would never otherwise consider, borrowing them off the hotel shelf.

        Of course, once home, I forgot that resolution and haven't bought a second kindle to include for my next trip in June.

        Just be warned that once you're "hooked", the re-hab is pretty intense trying to get off the habit.

        I even saw another refurb yesterday for the same price and I still passed on it, figuring lighting rarely strikes twice in the same spot.
      • O.L.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2012
          Check out Geeks.com for today. 5" Aluratek Libre PRO eBook Reader/MP3 Digital Music Player w/ePaper Tech, SD Card Slot & Cover (Black) REFURB for Refurb lovers, 90 warranty, BUT, for $8.99 you can get a Square Trade extra year of warranty. http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=AEBK01FS-R&utm_source=geekmail&utm_medium=daily_html&utm_content=Product&utm_campaign=E321VL_02may12

          This cookie will read almost anything and has E-Paper, superior to E-Ink and will play your MP3's while you read! ...and Under US$40... you can get TWO for the price of one Kindle simple-with-ads. Kindle isn't the only game in town.

          Ali