Who's paying the Corporate Tax before the deadline?
- I was wondering how many have paid or will pay the new S.A. tax. by the deadline tomorrow, Monday, April 30th?
And if so, why? Considering that...
1. There are still four out of five challenges against the law to resolve which could take much time
2. The fine for not paying is only 3%
3. If they ultimately repeal the law, there will be no refund on what you paid
Based on the above, my decision for my single S.A. is to wait and see just as many of the the old-timers I've spoken to are doing. They say they have seen many a tax come and then go after Sala IV knocked it down.
Since there seem to be several on the forum who have already paid the tax, I was wondering if you are unaware or unsure of the above? Or if you are what was your thinking behind paying it?
Just curious (and it is a slow news day)...
- FYI, for those wondering if the new corp tax late fee might have to be paid separately, I can confirm that, thankfully, it's not the case.
Instead of the ¢67,612.50 in tax originally slated for inactive corps like mine, today I'm seeing ¢67,637.00 as the amount due, or ¢25 more than before, for my cedula #. (Why it's not ¢50 higher today being two days overdue, I don't know.)
At only a nickel a day, I'll continue to wait it out for the final verdict of the Supreme Court.