Re: Compass in Hand

  • olamoree <olamoree@earthling.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Y-E-A-R-S ago, where that "old", probably built in '89 or so, 10 story
      is now, was The Plywood Shop, where ex-president Rodrigo Carazo and
      his sons sold building materials. Later, it was all torn down and the
      10 story built, with neat mirrored windows. I think it was the '91
      earthquake that broke most of them and the building was never
      occupied, except for the wachiman. Now, Clinica Biblica has taken an
      interest in the tower, it has been reinforced to meet post-earthquake
      standards and I was "told", CB has leased at least 4 floors with in
      mind expanding into the building --who is the owner? Don't know.
      Today, in LaNacion, there was a picture of that same building in the
      background behind the boss of CB, so maybe it's theirs? They
      announced an on-going expansion project as they are a little crowded
      where they are, and if EV returns, business may boom for them.......

      Ali

      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Jon <dehaaij@y...>"
      what is the new 10+