Residency Approval Update

  • theedgeclinger <foltuz@racsa.co.cr>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2003
      We received an e-mail from our lawyer on Monday that our residency
      application has been approved and that we needed to pay an
      additional $200, which goes to the government for the cards. We went
      to her office (at ARCR) and paid the money. She says it will be "no
      less than 1 month" before we get an appointment to go to immigration
      to pick up our cedulas. By the way, we are in the group who
      submitted applications just before the first changes (early August
      02). Hopefully we are nearing the end of the process.
      Laurie
      TheEdgeClinger
    • earl tomlinson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2003
        My representative went to Migration two weeks ago, paid $300.00 and was told to return after March 26th to sign papers. In fact she suggeted that I return during the first or second week of April to make sure they were ready to close the file. Are you saying the $200.00 dollars was in addition to other monies you have Migration for your residency application.
        "theedgeclinger <foltuz@...>" <foltuz@...> wrote:We received an e-mail from our lawyer on Monday that our residency
        application has been approved and that we needed to pay an
        additional $200, which goes to the government for the cards. We went
        to her office (at ARCR) and paid the money. She says it will be "no
        less than 1 month" before we get an appointment to go to immigration
        to pick up our cedulas. By the way, we are in the group who
        submitted applications just before the first changes (early August
        02). Hopefully we are nearing the end of the process.
        Laurie
        TheEdgeClinger

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        For our eboard: http://www.costaricaeboard.eboard.com

        Addresses:
        Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
          Earl: My understanding is that the $200 ($100 for each of us) goes
          to the government to issue the cards. It is in addition to the
          amount we've paid to our attorney for her services. The $300 that
          you mentioned is apparently a separate issue, but one that we have
          not had to pay, since we are applying as "Pensionados."
          Laurie

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, earl tomlinson
          <tom_tink@y...> wrote: Are you saying the $200.00 dollars was in
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
            Laurie, thanks for your response. My representative went to Migration and paid $300.00 dollars for the approval of my application. This was the amount my representative was told to bring before they would make an appointment to finalize everything and give me my "cedula." I also am applying for pensionados residency. Maybe it's a day to day thing and it depends which clerk is handling with process. Who knows.
            "theedgeclinger <foltuz@...>" <foltuz@...> wrote:Earl: My understanding is that the $200 ($100 for each of us) goes
            to the government to issue the cards. It is in addition to the
            amount we've paid to our attorney for her services. The $300 that
            you mentioned is apparently a separate issue, but one that we have
            not had to pay, since we are applying as "Pensionados."
            Laurie

            --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, earl tomlinson
            <tom_tink@y...> wrote: Are you saying the $200.00 dollars was in
            addition to other monies you have Migration for your residency
            application...
            > "theedgeclinger <foltuz@r...>" <foltuz@r...> wrote:We received an
            e-mail from our lawyer on Monday that our residency application has
            been approved and that we needed to pay an additional $200, which
            goes to the government for the cards...

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            For our eboard: http://www.costaricaeboard.eboard.com

            Addresses:
            Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
            Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

          • Ryan Piercy- ARCR
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
              Dear Earl,

              (& Group) Just a heads up, that when applying for "Pensionado" the amount should be $100 per person for their ID card. This card looks similiar to a drivers license with your photo and usually a 4-digit number. It sounds like Earl has been approved for "Permanent Residency" which will entitle him to a little booklet ID with several pages. This is because if you have no "dependants" (ie. a spouse") then you can apply directly for Prmanent residency as long as you meet the pensionado requirements of $600 per month pension, etc.

              Just let us know what your ID card looks like when you get it. Thanks Earl.

              Ryan Piercy
              ARCR

              For our eboard: http://www.costaricaeboard.eboard.com

              Addresses:
              Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
              Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
                Ryan,
                Thanks for your input. I am going to C.R. the second week of April and have scheduled an appointment, sort of', with Migration to sign my final papers. I will let you know my residency status.
                Ryan Piercy- ARCR <rpiercy@...> wrote:Dear Earl,