Re: Children's Museum

  • powernapper
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2011
      on the same note, the National Museum of Costa Rican art ( it was the original main airport, it is in the Parque in Sabana) is having a wonderful display of an artist who has generations of work using a mountain of different techniques.

      The exposition is lovely, but so is the building. I highly recomend you go see the former VIP waiting room from back when it was the airport. The whoe room is a bronze relief of the perception of the country way back when.

      It is truly amazing. The building is really beautiful and a national treasure.

      My neighbor, Florencia Urbina, is the director and how they have managed to restore the building and have such fine quality of art with a VERY limited budget is a miracle. You would think that just that museum would consume the entire bedget of the minitstry of culture. They have on going classes, an art school with 1800 students.

      How some people do such amazing things on a shoestring budget is beyond me.

      SHe deserves to get a medal.

      YOU deserve to see this beautiful historical building and the art that lies within!

      Hugs,
      Robbie