New Day Cafe

  • New Day Cafe
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      Hi,
      Just an update on what's happening at New Day Cafe.

      NEW HOURS
      Monday - Friday 9-6
      Saturday 12-6
      Sunday (serving American style brunch) 10-2

      We have a LITERATURE DISCUSSION GROUP starting on Wednesday, September 28th. It will be in Spanish. The first book is Asalto al Paraiso by Tatiana Lobo. The book is considered an historic fiction taking place in San Jose. There will be a copy of the book in English at the bookstore. Discussions will start on the 28th of September. We plan on meeting once a month on the last Wednesday of the month. But that may change. Discussion will be primarily in Spanish. However, if you are fluent enough to understand Spanish but would prefer to speak English, that would fine as well.

      There is also a group of artists starting a PAINTING WORKSHOP. This will take place behind the cafe in a small courtyard. It will take place Mondays through Thursdays during the morning hours. Easels, tables, chairs and storage will be provided. There will be a charge to help cover the costs of the materials. Any questions or for more information, please call Norma at 2249-2846 or call the cafe.

      Additionally, we have a large selection of used books, primarily in English, but also in Spanish, German, French, and Dutch. We also have a nice selection of children's chapter books, for 3rd to 8th grades.

      Thank you,
      New Day Cafe
      25 meters north of Coopealianza, Ciudad Colon
      2249-2874
      newdaycafecr@...

      Directions:
      Coming into Ciudad Colon, go past the gas station on the right. Go right and take first left. Take first left again. Go two blocks. Turn right and the cafe is about 250 meters on the left. Look for sign. Ciudad Colon is located off of the new Autopista. Take the exit marked Ciudad Colon and follow the road about 4 to 5 kilometers until you get to the gas station on the right.