Re: Livin´and workin´ in Costa Rica

  • Guillermo Jimenez <lg061870@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Marie

      News on Costa Rica's poverty and levels of corruption have been
      greatly exagerated. Costa Rica is still a middle income country with
      pretty impressive indicators. Poverty rate is 20% and extreme
      poverty rate is 6% ($1 per capita per day). Costa Rica is more like
      the highlight of the developing world and then it's got some pretty
      good stuff to teach other so called "first world" countries.

      About your "I must admit I am not sure how well I can adapt to life
      in - relative - poverty" remark. It is my advice that you then
      should really think what you are going to do. If you don't have the
      funds to give yourself a "life of generous conditions" even in
      a "relatively poor" country then I think it is better for you to
      move to a "relatively poor" state or province in your own country.
      On the other hand, as Jennifer (in the GalloPinto group) wrote it
      may be that you are willing to put up with some of the
      indioncicracies of Costa Rica if you like it enough.

      Guillermo