Berenjena/Eggplant Parmigiana . . . ?/?

  • stanhopi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2011
      Finally decided to ask here for suggestions for restaurants in the
      Central Valley, between SJ & Alajuela, or thereabouts where some
      of our CRLers may have eaten a decent plate of this with a nicely
      seasoned tomato sauce.

      The only places I've found any were last year at Bacchus in Santa Ana,
      and recently at La Fabrica, in Alajuela. Both were appetizer portions
      smallish and tasty, but pricey. Bacchus' offering was by far the better
      of the two.

      What I'm really after is a dinner portion in a restaurant somewhere
      that's a reasonable drive from Alajuela Centro.

      Centro to west side of SJ is good, and Escazú, Santa Ana, Belén, and
      Heredia, too. I would go to Alida's in Atenas if I knew they had it on
      their menu.

      I figure that out of our sea of CRLers a couple of 'em ought to know
      a place serving eggplant Parmigiana that doesn't cost the whole farm.
      There's just too many Italian restaurants around not to have at least
      a few which offer this.

      Fingers X-ed!

      Paul M.
      ==
    • Steve Friedman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        Paul, when I get a hankering for Eggplant Parmigiana, I tend to go to Il Pomodoro in Escazú. I think they call it Lasagna de Berenjena there, but it's EP all the same.

        Paula