computer repair

  • r@rlent.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi all,

      Now it's my turn. I rather desperately need someone who is
      hardware wise in computers in the Escazu area in general. I've got
      a serious problem that I have not been able to solve. Suggestions?

      Roy Lent
    • Sunset
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 11, 2003
        Roy,

        I have been through a lot of computer technicians and the best I have found
        is a man called Hector. As an example I hooked up to Amnet but the
        service was no better than what I received on RACSA . I had their service
        reps out so many times they no longer needed directions to my house. But
        none of them were ever able to find the problem and kept blaming it on my
        computer. I finally had Hector come over along with a tech rep from
        Amnet. The problem ended up being the cable Amnet provided between the
        computer and the modem and once change I received good service. But the
        key here was Hector because he would not let the tech rep get away with
        saying it was the computer and kept the man here until the problem was
        solved. Of course, it was hector's idea to change the cable.

        I would go far to say that if Hector cannot fix it, it cannot be fixed and
        he speaks real good English. That is the good news. The bad news is that
        he is currently working on his house and has little time to work on
        computers. What I am saying is that it is difficult to get him to look at
        a computer. But if you can get him to look at it, I am sure he can fix
        it. Home 288-1993; Cell 387-9294.

        Robin

      • rdresslar <rdresslar@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 11, 2003
          Roy,

          What is the problem with your computer? Is it hardware or software
          related or both?

          Arne

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, r@r... wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Now it's my turn. I rather desperately need someone who is
          > hardware wise in computers in the Escazu area in general. I've got
          > a serious problem that I have not been able to solve. Suggestions?
          >
          > Roy Lent
        • Judy Gill
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 11, 2003
            Can someone point me to a place or person who might be able to repair my
            Canon MultiPass, which is a printer, scanner, fax and copier in one. The
            left-hand paper feed mechanism in the print tray isn't working properly and
            apparently needs a new part, which the repair guy we took it to in Heredia
            can't get. He cleaned and lubricated it, but it still grinds and groans
            and that's with only one sheet of paper in the feed slot. The fax and
            scanner work fine because they feed through a different slot.

            Thanks in advance.

            Judy Gill

          • letswinthisoneok
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 9, 2013
              Hey, most helpful folks, can anyone recommend a good computer repair shop or repair tech in the Grecia area?  Thanks!
            • jckincy
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 9, 2013
                This info was in message 163502 not a month ago.
              • Jim Cottone
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 9, 2013
                  I do PC repairs in the Grecia area. Don't work on Macs, but can handle just about any PC problems you may have.

                  Jim
                  --
                  Jim Cottone
                  American Professional Photographer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 20, 2014
                    Does anyone have contact info for (I believe) Fabio or Fabian, a computer repair guy who has been touted on this site more than once?
                    Thanks.
                  • joe harrison
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 20, 2014
                      Favio would be my choice for any computer problem: 6036 7747. I've used him for 3 years with great success. joe in pavas

                      On Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:39 PM, "reefraff9 reefraff9@... [CostaRicaLiving]" <CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Does anyone have contact info for (I believe) Fabio or Fabian, a computer repair guy who has been touted on this site more than once?
                      Thanks.

                    • denverboden .
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 21, 2014
                        If you're in the Grecia area, there are 2 excellent Norte Americanos for
                        both PC/Mac - Jim Cottone, who frequently posts here, and Sage Bintliff,
                        who doesn't, but used to work for Apple. Both are wizards, in my humble
                        peasant opinion...

                      • meaversand
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 21, 2014
                          Christian Kiesling speaks English, Spanish, and is German and one of the best PC repair I know, use him for the past 14 years or so..on time all is done in German fashion...perfect
                          Tel: 89.24.57.27 refer to Rainer