CRL Happy Hour

  • shipurway
    Message 1 of 15 , May 27, 2011
      This just in. I and a couple of members TBA will be hosting a Happy Hour open to all CRL memebers on Friday June 25th, 5p.m.- until at Rick's Americana Cafe and Sportsbar (Dunn Inn), Barrio Amon, San Jose Costa Rica. It is located 200 Mtrs north of the Aurora Holiday Inn. Very new, modern and pleasant urban atmosphere. Great food and drink special and plenty of secure parking. I will even throw in the name tags. Please RSVP by June 21st.

      Sid
    • Bill Edwards
      Message 2 of 15 , May 27, 2011
        --- On Fri, 5/27/11, shipurway <osid1962@...> wrote: " will be hosting a Happy Hour open to all CRL memebers on Friday June 25th, 5p.m..."

        Unless I am mistaken, June 25 is on a Saturday. Do I assume correctly that this Happy Hour is actually scheduled for Friday, June 24?  Thanks for the clarification.

        Bill

      • shipurway
        Message 3 of 15 , May 28, 2011
          Note: Although this is titled CRL happy hour, it is hosted by Sid and CRL members are invited. Thanks

          Correct, my mistake it's Friday the 24th. Sorry for the typo.

          Sid
        • Benjamin Over
          Message 4 of 15 , May 28, 2011
            I second Sid's CRL happy hour at Rick's bar and restaurant, Hotel Dunn Inn. I
            met him there last week, to buy a stun gun. Even though I just live a few blocks
            away, heard about the changes, I didn't realize how nice it is. The drinks and
            food is reasonably priced, the food is good and a very nice open air ambiance.
            Friday the 24th, 5 pm, I'll be there. If you haven't met Sid, or had a good
            laugh in a while, you should come. I also took a look at the newly remodeled
            Hotel rooms that day and all I can say is WOW, great price too. If you get too
            drunk to drive back, you can get a very nice room to sleep it off in. If you get
            way too drunk and mean, I'm still looking to try out my new stun gun.

            Benjamin

          • stanhopi
            Message 5 of 15 , May 28, 2011
              --- "shipurway" <osid1962@...> wrote:

              > This just in. I and a couple of members TBA will be hosting a Happy Hour
              > open to all CRL memebers on Friday June [24th], 5p.m.- until at Rick's
              > Americana Cafe ... (Dunn Inn)...

              Thanx for the effort of putting a happyhour together, Sid. I would have loved
              to attend because the 24th is my b'day, but alas, I am flying out on the 21st
              for Florida.

              I used to stop in for a drink now and then at Dunn Inn, but haven't been back
              for several years now. I often wonder whether Cristian (the lady bartender at
              that time) still works there.

              Have a beer for me!

              Cheers!

              Paul M.
              ==
            • shipurway
              Message 6 of 15 , May 28, 2011
                --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "stanhopi" <stanhopi@...> wrote:
                to attend because the 24th is my b'day, but alas, I am flying out on the 21st
                Have a beer for me!

                Sorry I am going to miss you Paul. We all will have a drink for you. see you when you get back.

                Sid
              • Lic.Gregory K
                Message 7 of 15 , May 31, 2011
                  I guess I missed the happy hour, I´ll be sure to make it next time.
                  Sounds like a good idea !

                  Lic.Gregory Kearney Lawson.:
                  attorneykearney@...
                • Benjamin Over
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 31, 2011
                    No you didn't miss it. It's Friday, June 24th, same day as the next AGD. If
                    enough show up, no much will "anything goes" after 5pm. I'm sure the Happy Hour
                    At Rick's will allow piggy backing, maybe including piggy back rides for a beer.

                    Benjamin

                  • shipurway
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 31, 2011
                      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Over <obenjamin57@...> wrote:
                      At Rick's will allow piggy backing, maybe including piggy back rides for a beer.

                      Good one Ben. I will bring my laptop in case anyone wants to post something on AGD. They have WiFi there as well.
                      I suggest that as many of you attended the Happy Hour event on Friday June 24th, Rick's Americana Cafe, Barrio Amon and meet your fellow CRLers. There just might be something you can do for someone. It'll warm your heart.

                      Sid
                    • artedwards65
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                        at Rick's Americana Cafe and Sportsbar (Dunn Inn), Barrio Amon, San Jose Costa Rica. It is located 200 Mtrs north of the Aurora Holiday Inn.

                        A map for those that are not all that fimilar with SJ or where that is at. I for one would be coming from San Ramon if I can find it. Thanks!

                        Art
                      • Benjamin Over
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                          This map might help. It's a map to the hotel Holiday Inn. When looking at the
                          map, it's exactly city 3 blocks north of the hotel Holiday Inn, on the corner
                          of avenida 11, calle 5. Rick's is on calle 5.

                          Point your mouse on the map, on the upper right hand corner of that intersection
                          a.11, c.5, and a balloon will pop up with the Dunn Inn Hotel.

                          http://www.aurolahotels.com/en/mapdirection.php

                          Hope this helps.

                          Benjamin

                        • Benjamin Over
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                            Oops, I meant to say when you point your mouse on the map, it's the upper left
                            side of that corner, to see the Dunn Inn balloon pop up, no the right side. In
                            any case, just move you mouse around in that area and you'll see it.

                            Sorry about that.

                            Benjamin

                          • shipurway
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                              --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "artedwards65" <artedwards65@...> wrote:
                              A map for those that are not all that fimilar with SJ or where that is at. I for one would be coming from San Ramon if I can find it. Thanks!

                              My apologies Art. I just thought all the CRLers knew where the Aurola Holiday Inn is, since it's like the 2nd tallest building in San Jose. My mistake. Here is a map for you guys. But a simple way to get there for those who live west or north of San Jose is....coming into San Jose on ave. 2 (the busiest street in San Jose) keep heading east into San Jose. Once you past the Nation Theater, Turn left, you will take this street until it dead ends at the Dunn Inn. Very simple and there is a parking garage right before Rick's. Here's the link. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1366&bih=624&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=dunn+inn+hotel+costa+rica&fb=1&gl=cr&hq=dunn+inn+hotel+costa+rica&hnear=0x8fa0e342c50d15c5:0xe6746a6a9f11b882,San+Jose&cid=649078216202045140

                              Sid
                            • Benjamin Over
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                                Here's another map to the CRL happy hour at Rick's Americana Cafe and Sportsbar
                                (Dunn Inn), Barrio Amon, San Jose on the 24th of June, at 5:pm.

                                http://www.hoteles.com/ho276709/hotel-dunn-inn-san-jose-costa-rica/#maps

                              • artedwards65
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 1, 2011
                                  > Oops, I meant to say when you point your mouse on the map, it's the upper left
                                  > side of that corner, to see the Dunn Inn balloon pop up, no the right side.
                                  Got it, thanks Benjamin! I just might be able to find that now.

                                  Art