Crafts/scrapbooking question

  • Robin Dohrn-Simpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2002
      Good morning,
      This question may be more for the ladies of the group.
      I am a photo album/scrapbooker. If you are familiar with Creative Memories,
      this is the current crafts craze here in the U.S. There are special albums
      and papers that are acid free. With great stamps, die cuts and stickers used
      also.

      What I want to know if anyone does it in C.R.
      I also want to know if there are any stores that sell
      craft/stamping/scrapbook supplies.

      We are going to be living near the beach in Malpais, and I am also wondering
      if I should anticipate any weather related issues with photographs. I am
      going to use alot of plastic containers to store things, but is there
      anything else I should know or think about before I leave the U.S.??

      Thanks-
      Robin

      dohrnsimpson@...

    • Randy Roberts
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        Robin,
        My wife is not very interested in the computer, so I asked her about this
        and will respond for her. She is huge scrapbook fan. But all of her
        supplies she either gets of the web or brings them in form the U.S. when we
        are there. We did see some items (a very small selection) at the new
        "Office Depot". Her suggestion is to bring everything you can.

        Randy

        At 09:21 AM 12/30/2002 -0800, you wrote:
        >Good morning,
        >This question may be more for the ladies of the group.
        >I am a photo album/scrapbooker. If you are familiar with Creative Memories,
        >this is the current crafts craze here in the U.S. There are special albums
        >and papers that are acid free. With great stamps, die cuts and stickers used
        >also.
        >
        >What I want to know if anyone does it in C.R.
        >I also want to know if there are any stores that sell
        >craft/stamping/scrapbook supplies.
        >
        >We are going to be living near the beach in Malpais, and I am also wondering
        >if I should anticipate any weather related issues with photographs. I am
        >going to use alot of plastic containers to store things, but is there
        >anything else I should know or think about before I leave the U.S.??
        >
        >Thanks-
        >Robin
        >
        >dohrnsimpson@...

        ><http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963
        >

        >For our eboard:
        ><http://www.costaricaeboard.eboard.com>http://www.costaricaeboard.eboard.com
        >
        >Addresses:
        >Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
        >Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >URL to this page:
        >

        >COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

        Randy & Sandy
        "We're A Team"
        Field Address:
        Iglesia Bautista Berea
        Apdo. 621-2200 Coronado
        Costa Rica, Central America

        Home Address:
        Berean Baptist Church
        3800 Eubank
        Albuquerque, NM 87111

        Phone 011-506-236-1987 Fax 011-506-297-2854

        E-Mail RandyRoberts@... or mibbsa@...
        Web Pages at
        www.bbfi-missions.org/Roberts_Randy
        or