Anyone know if I can stream the Oscars tonight?
- Many thanks. I should have just asked my wife who had quickly found
this link thanks to our Aussie friends. She is watching the evening gowns now I think
- happy for you all......I was watching the red carpet BS, when the 3gKolbi went dead.........never came back up, so no Oscars for me......does that make me a grouch? (nah, I was already qualified for that title, huh?) John, really, really, really unhappy with ICE this morning up here in the boonies of El Aguacate, Guanacaste
Personal Blog: http://arenalgrumbles.blogspot.com/
Forum Owner/Moderator: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CRRealists
- Are you kidding? You are upset that you couldn't watch a bunch off multi-millionaires patting themselves on the back for doing their job, being mightily overpaid into the bargain!? You've got to be kidding.
Liz (wondering why they don't have award nights for teachers, nurses, garbage collectors, forum moderators etc)
--- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "John Dungan" <grumblesfmarenal@...> wrote:
>.........never came back up, so no Oscars for me......does that make me a grouch?
- Liz, you have a very valid point.......can't help it, I guess.......the Oscars have been something I paid attention to most of my life......I enjoy the pageantry, the ad libs, etc.....I long ago resigned myself to never receiving any special accolades for doing my job, but then, Nursing is not all that glamorous (outside of Hollywood)........
- --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "liz_brit" <elizabrit@...> wrote:
>The Oscars are a kind of fantasy world for most of us - brought right into our living room. It can be just as much entertainment as the TV show "Dallas", as one example.
> Are you kidding? ...
Personally, I'd like to see awards for people like the Bribri curandero we work with here in CR. We've brought over two dozen terminally ill patients to him who have been sentenced to death by their doctors. I've personally seen him cure several types of cancer, diabetes, hepatitis, and other severe "uncurable" conditions, using medicinal plants. He doesn't know what our problem is.
In my case, he saved my badly infected leg when the normal medical procedure would have been amputation - again, saved using medicinal plants.
I can hear medically trained people saying "There's no SCIENCE to this." I can only say that's true.
Currently, the curandero is documenting the 1,500 medicinal plants the Bribri know using a donated computer that Finca Luna Nueva gave him. His personal goal is to unite all curanderos from Argentina to Alaska and preserve their knowledge as well - before it's too late.
School help, food, microloans