Blackeyed peas

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      It is the custom in Texas to eat blackeyed peas on
      New Year's day for good luck.

      La Preciosa has them in the slow cooker with a hamhock.
      An apology to Henry.

      Here is wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.
      Marcus

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
        Our New Year's Day custom was eating Sauerkraut Soup at our Hangover Party. From Estonia.
      • Sid
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
          --- I marcus collier <apdo1673006@...> wrote:

          > It is the custom in Texas to eat blackeyed
          > peas on New Year's day for good luck.

          Hey Marcus, I have my blackeyed peas with hog jowls in the pot cookin now. I usually eat collard greens to bring me money but have to substitute it for canned spinach. Happy New Year everyone.

          Sid