Trivia

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
      Sergei Rachmaninoff once lived in CR and there
      is a piano that he played here.
      Marcus

    • Gary Eaklor
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2010
        I hope they took great measures and pains to preserve it.
        I sold my 7ft Kawai grand before we moved here out of fear of what the climate would do to it.
        Wound up shipping down a Yamaha electronic keyboard.  It's certainly not a concert grand but it's always in tune!!!!  Yeeeyyy!!

        --- On Fri, 12/31/10, marcus collier <apdo1673006@...> wrote:

        Marcus wrote:

        Sergei Rachmaninoff once lived in CR and there

        is a piano that he played here.

      • paul wessen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
          ________________________________
          Wow! I had no idea, but my curiosity is surely whetted. Can you point me to
          sources so I can follow up on my own? I'm wondering if there is a house with a
          placa on it, or something like that? Or even a "commemorative room."?

          ----- Pianistic Paul in San Antonio de Escazu

          Sergei Rachmaninoff once lived in CR and there
          is a piano that he played here.
          Marcus

          ,_._,___

        • Tim McHyde
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
            That's neat, Marcus. I'm a big fan of Rach #2, #3. One of those a hypnotist was used to help convince he was going to write a great piano concerto.

            I wonder if our member Phil Rawson, the piano tuner extraordinaire, knows about this piano? Maybe he worked on it.

            Tim in Granadilla