English Speaking Psychologist Needed - Emergency

  • iamgodsjoy
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
      ....near Alajuela if possible, trying to get help for someone who is near suicide, suggestions please....!
    • fordjbm58
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
        Hi. My name is Judy Ford, and I'm a Licensed Professional Counselor from Colorado who now lives in the Escazu area. I'm not sure how far Alajuela is from me, but if you need emergency help, you can contact me privately at this email address or my cell at 8949-0323.

        I have worked with suicidality before, and it should definitely be taken seriously. Depending on the level of crisis, you might want to consider finding a hospital with a good psychiatric facility to make sure this person stays safe until they can find a therapist they can trust. I don't have an office here yet, but will be starting a practice here soon. If I can help in any way given my office limitations, please let me know.

        Good luck and best to you,
        Judy Ford, LPC

        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "iamgodsjoy" <iamgodsjoy@...> wrote:

        > ....near Alajuela if possible, trying to get help for someone who is near suicide, suggestions please....!

      • costaricaresourceguide
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Even though this may sound petty since I wasn't suicidal - the day my computer crashed (for those that know Mac's - or that's life is on the computer - understand to loose a computer for some is like loosing a child/best friend/something MEGA important to you), I was already going through MAJOR caca including financial challenges & not knowing where I'd get the money to replace it let alone how I'd replace nearly 20 years of business contacts/my life (I hadn't backed up my database in awhile), feeling VERY helpless at the moment, a very "What more can I take" feeling & a few steps closer to the end of my rope when
          VICKY SAENZ (8-722-7980 / FloralEs4U@ gmail.com) -
          a Tica that speaks GREAT English & is married to a gringo & living in Escazu also, came over to hook me up to this BioResonance machine (http://Life-sys.com). I don't know how to explain how it works but let's just say, 6 months later - even in mega stressful situations, I'm AMAZINGLY calm (most of the time) & even my blood pressure which was VERY DANGEROUSLY high (at one point LITERALLY OVER 300 during a stressful time - that's not even stroke - that's death in most) is as of yesterday - almost normal!!! If you saw my before & after shots - well, let's just say NO ONE will see those!!! I was SOOOO on edge!!!! The only challenge for me is living off that adrenaline rush in life was always my "drug of choice" & now I NEED to find a balance as I can be tooo chilled hence not as motivated.

          It's not the end all as I'm a BIG believer in the importance on getting DEEP DOWN into our childhood issues to heal them (unlike MY observation with many [not all] psychologist who I've found often tend to deal with the surface situation, but, at least in the meantime perhaps this could be a tool to help calm the person temporarily.

          Vicki in Escazu
          http://CostaRicaResourceGuide.com
        • Costa Rica Builder
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
            The USA embassy publishes a list of recommended medical practitioners that speak English at; http://sanjose.usembassy.gov/medical.html

            PSYCHIATRY

            DR. STEVEN KOGEL Office: 2224-6176

            DR. LUIS DIEGO HERRERA (Children)
            Cima Hospital Office: 2208-1309
            3rd Floor, Office #10 Beeper: 2225-2500
            Cellular: 8381-4563

            DR. LILLIA SOLORZANO Office: 2208-1702
            Hospital Cima San Jose
            7th Floor, Office #2

            DR. FRANCISCO JIMENEZ Office: 2224-6176

            DR. JOSE ACUÑA Office: 2253-4302 or
            2225-7149
            San Pedro or Curridabat 2224-1982

            DR. CARLOS LIZANO Office: 2208-1202
            Hospital Cima San Jose Cell: 8369-4798
            2nd Floor, Office #2

            DRA. LENA MONGE Office: 2208-1205
            CIMA San Jose Hospital
            PSYCHOLOGY

            DR. JOHN BROWN Office: 2224-6176

            DRA. SANDRA QUIROS
            Kop Clinic, Escazu Office: 2228-4119

            DR. NORBERT RAVEN Office: 2208-1502 Cima Hospital Cell: 8383-0660
            5th Floor, Office #2

            DRA. JAYA TISCHLER Office: 2208-1506
            Cima Hospital
            5th Floor, Office #6