9493Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Fiesta Report

  • Roy Lent
    Jun 2, 2002
      Thanks Robert, glad you and some 50 others enjoyed
      yourselves! As a rather preliminary report, we had hoped to
      get together as much as $400 from our auction. And if we
      didn't, we'd try something else. The result is that we do
      have a minor problem with the outcome of the auction, too
      much money! We made slightly more than $800! ! ! ! Thank
      you all those that bid, often paying far more than the
      value of the item in order to help the cause.

      The auction was a bouncy, cheerful affair, with everyone
      participating. At the end people were leaving with neem
      trees, art work, free legal services, organic coffee,
      computer goodies, grafted cacti and more free week-ends in
      vacation hide-aways than you can shake a stick at!

      BTW, we had a number of visitors that now have found CRL so
      our membership should surge ahead. (697 members as of last
      night).

      Perhaps this fiesta will set the pace for the future. I've
      seen nice CRL parties before, but never the great
      interaction and responce that this auction brought out! I
      don't mean that we should hold an auction every time but we
      should plan other great social activities for our parties.
      CRL could be, not only the best, biggest & most informative
      e-mail list about Costa Rica on the web but also THE fun
      social institution.

      Hey folks! It's a tidal wave! Everyone grab their surf
      boards! (figuratively)

      If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. If you really make them think, they'll hate you.
      http://www.theabsolute.net/minefield/

      Roy Lent
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic