944Re: [CostaRicaLiving] OUTLOOK EXPRESS PREVIEW PANE

  • Kay (Kati) Winnegrad-Castillo
    Jun 4, 2000
      Hi Chuck,
      There are several things in the Preview Pane Section of the Layout window:

      The main one is "Use Preview Pane", then under it is also checked were:
      "Below Messages" and
      "Show Preview Pane Header"

      When I unchecked "Use Preview Pane" it greyed-out the other two.  Thanks for informing us of this potential danger.
      Kati

      At 11:18 AM 06/03/2000 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi People ---
      >Knowing that some of you have OUTLOOK EXPRESS as your e-mail program,
      >wondered if you are still using that dangerous "Pre-View
      Pane".  If so,

      =====>
      >Click on "View" on the right top of your screen.
      >Click on "Layout" from the drop-down menu.
      >A menu pops up that then allows you to uncheck the box that says
      ---
      > Show Preview Pane.  So, uncheck it!
      >Click Apply.  Then click OK.
      >You are done!  Now, for as long as most viruses are still embedded
      in
      >messages that must be opened for them to be able to
      "infect" your
      >computer, you may get advance warning on what not to open, and be
      able
      >to "delete" it before becoming infected.
      >
      >don't worry - sea feliz,
      >chuck leake - certified professional factotum

      list -->
      >http://www.onelist.com/community/CostaRicaLiving
      >
      >COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic