93433Re: Are People Fleeing Costa Rica

  • David Lovelady
    Jun 1, 2009
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "thereibers_cr" <thereibers_cr@...> wrote:

      > access to the arts, theater, opera, symphony, etc., is almost non-existent.

      This does not sound like a comparison between one country and another as much as a comparison between rural living and urban living. I grew up in rural Wyoming, far from all such entertainments, and do not feel culturally disadvantaged.

      I believe a child in rural Costa Rica can be as culturally aware and well-informed as a child in rural Wyoming. You can read Shakespeare (in English) and Cervantes (in Spanish) to your children as well in Turrialba, for example, as in Peoria.

      David
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic