8878Re: [CostaRicaLiving] (unknown)

  • purplefinchrd@aol.com
    Apr 10, 2002
      In a message dated 4/10/02 2:49:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      steinrucken@... writes:

      > It is puzzeling how two
      > intelligent and observant men such as you and I can
      > look at the same thing and come up with opposite
      > conclusions. Why is that? Regards, John

      Because by making yours livings in that field you feel the need to justify
      yourself. As we all think of ourselves as good people (studies show that even
      criminals and other deviant individuals believe themselves to be good people)
      we all try to rationalize this whatever work we do. Most people working at
      something that is harmful to others will find ways to rationalize their work.
      For you to believe otherwise would make you feel bad about yourself. Some
      people (very few) can be objective. Not to mention that those industries
      have convinced most of them that they would be traitors to their field.