8415Macs and the virus issue

  • Avatar S.A.
    Feb 28 3:26 PM
      Hi All,

      I know that we PC users are prone to be attacked by a virus. But Mac users beware:

      5. Mailbag: Can Mac users get the latest PC virus?
      >Your alert says that this new worm affects Outlook users.
      >I use a Mac, so am I affected? --Joe R.
      No. Virus writers love exposure, so they target the operating system that's in most offices worldwide: Windows. But don't get too cavalier if you have a Mac. You could still be a carrier--that is, you could receive a PC virus from someone, then send it off by accident to a Windows user. Or if your office uses both Macs and PCs, you could share an infected file on a shared network. Popular AntiVirus programs, such as McAfee and Norton, offer Mac versions of their products, which should be updated at least once a month.

      Best regards,

      Haymo