78547Re: Choices for kitchen countertops?

  • ojochal1
    Sep 1, 2008
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Charlene <gringuita_nyc@...>
      wrote:

      > Someone mentioned poured concrete counter tops..............
      We are getting the Florida house ready to sell and researching counter
      tops for the kitchen. Here is a quick reference on the pros and cons
      of different types.

      http://interiordec.about.com/od/kitchencounters/tp/tp_countertops.htm

      Personally for CR I like tile, but without asking us our contractor
      substituted granite (it was a "surprise" gift for us) for the tiles we
      spent so much time selecting and we have had to smile and live with it
      (its nice, but not what we had wanted). Tile work is so nice in CR so
      often, and I think fits the decor, easiest to repair, etc. Just seal
      the grout well. Formica is not the Formica of old by the way. Hope
      this list helps some.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic