73007Re: cheapest places to live....anyone?

  • David Lovelady
    May 30, 2008
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "ecuerik69" <ecuerik69@...> wrote:

      > what cities are the most inexpensive to live.
      > our spanish is limited, and prefer somewhere close to the water.

      On the Caribbean coast, a goodly portion of the population speaks
      Jamaican English as their first language and, of course, you would be
      near a beach.

      As to where is "the most inexpensive" place to live, I suggest that
      living inexpensively is not really about your choice of a town, it is
      about your choice of a style of living. Every Costa Rican town has
      people living on very little, so you know it is possible. In most
      towns, living frugally would be much easier if you spoke good Spanish,
      but, again, that is less true on the Caribbean coast.

      Buena suerte (good luck),

      David
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic