68840Re: Receiving a Fedex and the Tical experience

  • gringatica2003
    Mar 1, 2008
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Alajuelanorth" <bernij@...>
      > For the excruciating details of what you may be about to experience
      > see CRL message # 39337.
      Berni- You are the comic writer extraordinare! I read the archived
      message and laughed and snickered out loud... and it was practically
      identical to the experience my husband and I had in trying to get a
      car part that a company in Austin Texas sent using Fedex. Little did
      they know Costa Rica version is so different from the USA version.
      Additionally we did this before the $500.00 ruling, so we additionally
      had to pay $60.00 for a $12.00 car part! WE also didn't have our car,
      hence needing a car part, so we had to take the bus to the airport
      from Atenas where we lived at the time, a taxi back and forth several
      times on the same aforementioned road. WE also needed more copies of
      passport and it seemed no one had a copier, so we walked to various
      buildings until we found someone with a copier. It was a long day
      but our carburetor finally had the part it needed to feel all better,
      we got our car after having it at the taller for 5 weeks and it
      actually passed RTV that year too. Moral to the story, never never use
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic