6539Re: RACSA problems

  • lencho999@yahoo.com
    Oct 31, 2001
      Hey Everyone,
      Your site contains a lot a useful info and is greatly
      appreciated. Like some of you, I am considering a move to Costa
      Rica. I've been there a few times and have done a little bit of
      research, so I pretty much know what I am getting into. My main
      concern at this point is the internet access. I work on-line and a
      reliable connection for 4 hours every weekday morning is a
      neccesity. I've heard that there is some "downtime" involved with
      Racsa, both dial-up and Amnet cable. How frequent is this? Is it
      possible to have both cable and dial-up as a back-up? (silly question
      in the US, but,hey, this is not the US). Also, when the "new
      internet line" was publicized last year, a mention was made to the
      idea that it was only available in homes, not apartments. This was
      referring to some new line that was being laid under the ocean. I
      don't know what's the story with all that. Thanks in advance for
      any advice or assistance and pura vida,
      Larry Linn

      P.S. Anyone know the going rate for a Pilsen and boca at the Soda
      Morazon in front of the Holiday Inn Aurola? I guess we all have our
      own cost of living reference! Thanks!

      --- In CostaRicaLiving@y..., CAVIAR5@A... wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Just thought I'd share this with you. I connect via Amnet 2-way
      cable. I
      > continue to use my existing AOL account that I have had for ten
      years without
      > difficulty in the exact same manner that I did when I connected via
      DSL in
      > the states. My Email address is still my old AOL one. I have NO
      problems
      > sending or receiving mail. The only problems I have had are the
      > "occassional" downtimes that are out of Amnet's control. For the
      most part,
      > I have been satisfied with my Internet experience here and since I
      rely it
      > for work, it has to be reliable.
      >
      > Pam
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic