64538Real christmas trees

  • Mary and Jeff Hickcox
    Dec 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I thought I would post this as I had a terrible time last year!! We all drove up towards Poas yesterday and about 15-20 km before, there is a great christmas tree place on the left hand side. You walk around and pick out the one you like (most are really great and quite big with the prices tagged on), then the guy will cut it down and tie it on your roof for you. They also have the stands, tico style, but they work. We got one of the biggest tres and it was all of 8000 colones for tree, stand, and tip!! I think 2 years ago we paid $50 and we cut it and tied it ourselves!! (in CT)

      HTH's someone!!

      Mary
      mama to Dylan (8), Colin (4) and Theo Benjamin (born 8-28-07)

      "Be who you want your children to be." Unknown

      "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Benjamin Franklin