54625ignorance

  • Ron Tucker
    May 3, 2007
      Oneof the quickest ways to lose friends and influence people against you is to use the word ´ignorant´. Its real meaning is to not know facts about something, but of course it has become a pejorative term. If you tell me that I´m pretty ignorant about computers, I personally am not offended, accepting it as an obvious fact, although your tone of voice or manner might offend me.
      IMHO, the solution is to use another word without the nasty connotations. What do you think of saying such a person is ´innocent´?