47052Re: Move into new life

  • Linda
    Sep 5, 2006
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Fred Morgan <fmorgan@...> wrote:

      > Except of course wars, famine, disease and droughts. Human caused
      > environmental disasters take their toll too.
      Exactly. If you are interested in a very well-researched and written
      treatise on this topic, I'd recommend reading the book, "Collapse" by
      Jared Diamond. This book looks at various societies throughout time
      (up to and including present day) which have risen to a relatively
      high degree of culture and organization and what has distinguished
      those which have continued versus those which have collapsed. Linda
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic