47044Re: Move into new life

  • Linda
    Sep 4, 2006
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "H. X. OBoyle" <hxoboyle@...>
      wrote:
      The Battle of Little Big Horn occured in what is now South Dakota in
      1876. The two events were seperated by over 200 years and 2000 miles.
      They are not related in any way, except that American Indians were
      involved in both.

      Well, this is even less related to Costa Rica, but being a Montanan I
      felt I should set the matter a bit straighter. The Battle of Little
      Big Horn occurred in what is now (and was, even then) Montana. They
      were related because of the white man's continuing efforts to
      subjugate and/or eradicate the indigenous peoples of this continent.

      I have very much enjoyed the thoughtful discussion on the issue of
      this thread. It holds much relevance to not only those of us living
      or wishing to live in Costa Rica, but any who are interested in the
      future in any country on this planet. Thank you. Linda
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic