47024Re: Move into new life

  • barrystevens2001
    Sep 4, 2006
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Jon Linn <jonlinn@...> wrote:

      > I guess this has
      > something to do with Costa Rica.
      > Happy Stumbling.

      How's this for relevance:

      $2M proposal to Foxwoods and other sources to
      "fund a trust in CR whose purpose is to:

      (1) provide suspension bridges on indigenous walking trails in
      CR, enabling:
      (a) children to routinely exit the jungle for CR schools,
      (b) more routine access for medical personnel, and
      (c) easier travel into and out of jungle areas.

      (2) Construct clean water systems in indigenous areas within CR
      as required;

      (3) Construct/repair local school facilities in indigenous
      communities within CR;

      (4) Provide funding for operation of school facilities within CR
      indigenous communities.

      (5) Acquisition of large areas of jungle within CR for purposes of
      conservation, watershed development, and development of
      sustainable employment - i.e. permanent earning power without
      cutting down jungle primary and secondary growth trees, and
      without destroying the rainforest. Such a pilot area already
      exists, and more are on the way.

      My personal view of "moving into this new life" has been
      "How can I help? What can I contribute to CR?"

      If you have more ideas, jump in. If we can make things better in
      some small way, let's do it.

      Thanks for the new title. I'll see if it can work into a business
      card.

      Barry Stevens
      Co-Founder, El Puente - The Bridge
      The Bridge provides educational assistance, food assistance, and
      microloans mainly to indigenous people in the southeastern part of
      Costa Rica. Our goal is to help people help themselves to self-
      sufficiency.
      See us at http://www.elpuente-thebridge.org
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic