47024Re: Move into new life
- Sep 4, 2006--- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, Jon Linn <jonlinn@...> wrote:
>How's this for relevance:
> I guess this has
> something to do with Costa Rica.
> Happy Stumbling.
$2M proposal to Foxwoods and other sources to
"fund a trust in CR whose purpose is to:
(1) provide suspension bridges on indigenous walking trails in
(a) children to routinely exit the jungle for CR schools,
(b) more routine access for medical personnel, and
(c) easier travel into and out of jungle areas.
(2) Construct clean water systems in indigenous areas within CR
(3) Construct/repair local school facilities in indigenous
communities within CR;
(4) Provide funding for operation of school facilities within CR
(5) Acquisition of large areas of jungle within CR for purposes of
conservation, watershed development, and development of
sustainable employment - i.e. permanent earning power without
cutting down jungle primary and secondary growth trees, and
without destroying the rainforest. Such a pilot area already
exists, and more are on the way.
My personal view of "moving into this new life" has been
"How can I help? What can I contribute to CR?"
If you have more ideas, jump in. If we can make things better in
some small way, let's do it.
Thanks for the new title. I'll see if it can work into a business
Co-Founder, El Puente - The Bridge
The Bridge provides educational assistance, food assistance, and
microloans mainly to indigenous people in the southeastern part of
Costa Rica. Our goal is to help people help themselves to self-
See us at http://www.elpuente-thebridge.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>