47018Re: Planning Trip in November

  • fraluchi
    Sep 3, 2006
      ---
      > I thought I'd ask all of you for some input.
      > I am traveling to CR Nov 10 - 24 and will be looking at the Central
      > Valley for a small town

      Around Heredia and along the mountains East to Cartago there are many
      villages where the living is pleasurable: it all depends upon what
      you are looking for.
      Perhaps you should choose a small B&B in the Central Valley as a base
      to work from. Check www.costaricainnkeepers.com (Northwest)for
      various options.
      A suggestion is Casa Vela B&B, near Hospital Mexico in La Uruca,
      (tel. 232 4406 - www.casavela.net) which has a suitable location from
      where to explore the area. The owners, Isabel and Jose Luis, are
      Ticos and are reputed to go out of their ways to help guests. Their
      B&B is in a quiet, safe neighbourhood.
      You can easily reach and explore areas between Heredia and Cartago
      from this location and get a feel of differences in climate (yes,
      temperatures are quite different from one end to the other !),
      and "climate" (population, services, etc.)
      Enjoy your "hunting" !
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic