42686bringing versus buying...

  • MK
    Mar 26 4:16 PM
      By following the "for sale" ads in the Tico Times and amcostarica.com, I
      have a nice, plush sofa and loveseat ($300), two 20-inch televisions ($250
      the pair), a washer ($188, Kenmore), a dryer ($225, GE), a table and four
      chairs ($30), assorted cheapo kitchen appliances and a microwave ($30) I
      got that way. It's easier if you live in/near the central valley, as most
      of the stuff seems to come from there. Seems like lots of folks come on
      down with their containers, and after a couple years change their
      minds. Works for me.

      I found very nice new sheets at El Armario in the Plaza Colonial in
      Escazu. $25 for king size, Cannon brand.

      Things seem to wear out here faster owing to the climate (rusted dryers,
      mildewed sofas and other upholstered things) so I like to get used stuff
      and not be very concerned about upkeep.

      Molly Keeler
      www.costaricaarttour.com