39089RE: [CostaRicaLiving] RAINGEAR

  • Peter
    Jan 2, 2006
      We use very light tropical raingear from REI. It is great in CR. See www.rei.com. I can thoroughly endorse their tropical weight clothes - they dry in minutes. While bugs find me repulsive, I have been given several articles of "Buzz Off" clothing. As no self respecting bug would bite me, I have noticed no difference. Nonetheless, my delectable wife swears it saves her from being carried off.

      I too have a Tilley hat (actually made by the Tilley's before they sold the company). It has been thoroughly abused for 30 years in every corner of the world and still looks as goofy on my head as the day that I bought it.

      Peter