28183Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Building a home in CR

  • lee swidler
    Feb 1, 2005
      yes, you need permits, although the farther you're out in the campo, the less you will be bothered.
      contractors are a plenty, but i would highly recommend WAITING to hire one until you have talked to a FEW former clients. there are tico contractors and gringo builders. and there are tico builders educated in the states (the best mix, i think). we built a home here and got a great bang for our buck. but we have talked to lots of people who had nightmare experiences. DON"T front out any money! take your time and speak to others who have done this. don't reinvent the wheel or think you have a better way; this leads to major dissappointment.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic