22299Re: Costa Rica's National Parks Need Volunteers

  • Fred
    May 1 2:54 AM
      At about $12 per day, that sounds pretty fair to me. If you are
      volunteering for something, then you are expected not to be a
      burden. At 12 per day, if it includes food, no one is making a
      profit, or not much of one.

      On Finca Leola, we are not currently using volunteer labor, I have
      thought about it before because we are doing reforestation, but the
      locals need work and it doesn't cost a lot for farm labor. I have
      always found it is easier to instruct someone on how to do something
      when it is their job and you are paying them. Sometimes volunteers
      can be wonderful, but at other times...

      Fred
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic