167688Re: important medical information

  • livinglifeincostarica
    Aug 14 7:28 AM
      I had a membership to Emergencias M├ędicas my first 6 years living in CR even though I was quite healthy - but - I was single & living alone, though my driveway was off THE main street over in the Escazu - it was this hidden gem & sometimes even I over shot it, I knew they always had someone that some English but the 2 MOST IMPORTANT points - I had heard stories about the Cruz Rojo "ambulances" not arriving for an hour or more, they did NOT have people speaking English usually - but ESPECIALLY - I "inspected" (if you could call it that) the Cruz Rojo "ambulances" which had hardly anything in them.They also had my history & they had STRICT instructions what hospital NOT to take me to though it was the closest (I'd known too many people that had issues there).I didn't want to take a chance because "things happen" in life & it was WELL WORTH the $17/month peace of mind-INVESTMENT I got from having this private ambulance service.(& my neighbor Simon had my account info for them also - in case. Luckily I never had to use it! Now I don't have it since I travel around doing Pet & House Sitting & I'm not within their range often).Vicki Skinnerhttp://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic