167592Re: CAJA

  • pbreiber_sr
    Aug 5 11:41 AM
      I tried to pay CAJA last Friday, the system was down, then again on Monday, again the CAJA system was down, so something is happening, I guess they are trying to find out how much they need and then divide it up by the number of expats, and determine how much to charge us. I've heard that it is not mandatory for Ticos to pay into CAJA but it is for expats, also I've heard that the government does not pay into it for their employees. So I guess it it is up to us to keep the system afloat, in the long run 4% is not that much to pay to keep all those people working and keep people healthy. Paul

      ---In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, <Rocky1.steve@...> wrote :

      I’ve been hearing some nasty rumors about the CAJA going up 4% as of August 1st. Does anyone know anything about that?

      Paula