166182Re: Cedula renewal in Grecia

  • jckincy
    Apr 30, 2014
      I have an appointment at BCR in Grecia next Friday, 9 May. So, yes you can renew there. As far as timing don't do what I did. I realized that my passport had expired so I renewed that first because I needed to travel and you must have a current passport to renew you c├ędula. So I waited until I knew I had the passport before making the appointment. So, the residency expired this month and I could not get an appointment until next month. Typical for me.
      They told my wife who called that I needed a letter from my pension (US SS in this case and I had already picked that up when I went to pick up the passport), letter or something from bank showing your money transactions, a letter from CCSS ("La Caja") showing voluntary insurance including your payment receipt for the month you renew of course and $130. I am going to bring an extra $3 just in case I get nicked for the late fine, who knows?

      In your case get your stuff together and then call and make an appointment not earlier than 90 days before your expiration date which will be soon upon you. And good luck.